Re: Dubya causes chaos in the Heartland (and possibly the world aswell)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Sarah Herr wrote:
> I still don't think it's too late to prevent all-out war. How about
> getting the support of our allies on a possible solution?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that depends on how useful and
relevant you think these "allies" of yours are.  (Certainly the opinion of
others *can* be useful and relevant, but in what ways...?)

> The news last night stated 60% of Europeans polled would support war
> against Iraq only with UN approval. We need to get support before we do
> something as drastic as war.

Many people tried to appease Hitler, too, but their efforts probably just
made World War II worse than it might have been otherwise.

> What we do affects other countries besides our own.

Yes, and what we *don't* do affects other countries besides our own, too.

> > > Let's try other things *before* we go over there and blow up more
> > > innocent people.
> >
> > Like wait for them to come over here and blow up even *more* innocent
> > people?
>
> Are some innocent people more worthy of protection than others?

In the absence of any detailed knowledge of these innocent people, I think
it is preferable to save millions of innocent people instead of merely
thousands.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell