Re: Re: Dubya causes chaos in the Heartland...

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> I believe our best interests would be better served in an international
> court . . .

Courts have no power without police, though.  And in the world of
international politics, the police are soldiers.  And when soldiers fight,
they tend to fight wars (even if we don't call them "wars", but "police
actions" or whatever).  So, y'know, who watches the watchmen?

> . . . where we can prove our allegatins without giving the rest of the
> world the opportunity to march in the streets denouncing Americans,
> getting increasingly incensed at our foreign policy, and doing really
> nasty things to our foreign nationals. Or people right here.

They're going to march in the streets *anyway*.  Doing nasty things to
people is definitely a problem, but again, you have to balance one
potential harm over here against one potential harm over there.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell