Re: Dubya causes chaos

In a message dated Fri, 6 Sep 2002 3:41:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu> writes:

>> I have a new job. I'm now a Research Coordinator at the Annenberg Center for Public Policy
>
>Wow.  Just... wow.  I am *so* impressed.  That sounds like *so* much more fun than
>your old job.  Rock on!  I look forward to hearing what you learn as it progresses!

(Big grin)

You know, I just got off the phone with Chris Emery a few hours ago, and I was telling him abou the job, and I said, "And you know the best thing? Don Smith said HE was impressed! So I KNOW it's great!"

Yes, this beats the pants off most of my last jobs, and it's not a temp position. I signed an offer letter and I get a Penn card and everything. And so far, I've learned volumes about stuff to which I never previously paid much attention. I've already started to recognise in myself that i'm never going to be quite as sure of my former blind, assumption/observation-based political beliefs. Politics is a funny animal, and I'm now beginning to see just how many legs and furry bits and odd ears it has.

I will say, however, that I vacillate wildly between being very intimidated by its sheer  volume and presence, and poking sticks at it as a funny-looking toy.

So go on-- ask me anything about the Iowa or South Dakota elections! Even if I don't know, I bet I can come up with an important-sounding answer!