Re: Ten Favorite Songs

Brittney,

Do you happen to like Sixpence None the Richer (assuming you've heard
their stuff, other than "kiss me" and "there she goes"?

The reason that I ask, is that your list of top ten songs probably
looks almost exactly like the list of songs that have been favorites of
Matt and Leigh from Sixpence. I've asked them personally and also seen
it in interviews. They always list Emmylou Harris (voice), Tom Waits
(songwriting), Rufus Wainwright, Radiohead and of course the La's
(that's why they covered "There She Goes") on the short list of those
that have influenced them.

And, of course, every once in a while they and OtR sound similar.

>>> 1. "Latter Days" Over the Rhine (although K & L may not play it
live as much
I still love to listen to it)

2. "Foolish Love" Rufus Wainwright

3. "Let Down" Radiohead (this song is absolutely perfect)

4. "This Flight Tonight" Joni Mitchell

5. "Suzanne" Leonard Cohen

6. "There She Goes" The La's (quite possibly the most perfect pop song
in the
last 20 years?)

7. "The Heart of Saturday Night" Tom Waits

8. "Joga" Bjork

9. "Every Grain of Sand" Emmylou Harris' version of the Dylan classic

10. "Le Roi Dy's" Rufus Wainwright