Re: Ten Favorite Songs

In a message dated 8/12/02 4:00:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

Aug 2002 21:02:08 +0000
From: "Sarah Herr" <sarahherr at hotmail_com>
Subject: Top 10 favorite songs (minute OtR content)

Yesterday I asked myself the question "If I could choose 10 songs as my
all-time favorites, what would they be?" (Too much time on my hands
perhaps??)

Sarah,

that's a good idea, and I'm sure it will start a thread of some sorts. Yet with all of the great songs out there it is tough to narrow it down to ten. I'm going to list ten I like, but I'm sure I'll leave out somebody I love!

Here they are (in no particular order)

1. "Latter Days" Over the Rhine (although K & L may not play it live as much I still love to listen to it)

2. "Foolish Love" Rufus Wainwright

3. "Let Down" Radiohead (this song is absolutely perfect)

4. "This Flight Tonight" Joni Mitchell

5. "Suzanne" Leonard Cohen

6. "There She Goes" The La's (quite possibly the most perfect pop song in the last 20 years?)

7. "The Heart of Saturday Night" Tom Waits

8. "Joga" Bjork

9. "Every Grain of Sand" Emmylou Harris' version of the Dylan classic

10. "Le Roi Dy's" Rufus Wainwright

Feel free to praise my musical taste or criticize me for my lack of it.

Brittney

np: Sigur Ros "Agateis Byrjun"