Re: hard lennonade

Dan,

I totally agree with you on this point. Lennon was not an Atheist. He
in fact believed in a God. I don't think that he believed what most
Christians believed, but he did study religions and theologies at
different times during his life. His main point is that religious
people, not what they believe in, are the main culprit in this. Let's
face it, I doubt that even one person on this list (among those that go
to church regularly) could say that they have not been turned off by
someone's religious pomposity and posturing in his/her own church.

While I think that the portrait of Christians is unfairly painted by
the media at large, there are still reasons that people feel certain
ways about us. Look at the way some TV evangelists make us look. They
HATE gays. They HATE liberals. They HATE Clinton. They HATE people who
wear earrings, long hair and/or tattoos. They HATE this. They HATE
that.

I believe that homosexuality is a sin, according to the Bible. I am
conservative and, therefore, don't agree at all with liberal
philosophies. I wouldn't vote for Clinton, if my cushy government job
depended on it. However, I know that God's word says not to hate. We
need to reach out to people in love, or they will push religion away, as
Lennon did.

>>>i don't think he was anti-religious, but rather
anti-people telling him what to do and to think.

>>>there's a big difference.  just because someone says
"don't keep shoving your Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha down
my throat," it doesn't mean that they are anti-
religious.