Re: the violet burning and owen's ring (no otr)

hey , maybe it is a sequencer or something, but the band would turn the thing on, wait, listen for the drums, bass and stuff, and then join in. They didn't start a lot of songs themselves, but used the "sequencer". Their excuse was that they didn't have enough money to hire a keyboard player and other stuff. At one point, the Sequencer or whatever it was, stopped working and there was at least 3 mins of waiting for the thing to start working again. IT was sort of funny and sad at the same time! That is why my impression of VIolet burning went askew.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Lindemer
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 8:02 PM
To: Patty Teesdale
Cc: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Re: the violet burning and owen's ring (no otr)

Patty Teesdale wrote:

>The violet burning has an amazing sound, but there sound and lyrics and
>everything are destroyed by the fact that they sink to the level of using
>a mixer. I loved their CD, but when I saw them at cornerstone, and realized
> they used a mixer, it ruined it for me. If they made an acoustic version I d
> buy it, but I just cannot stomach the whole mixer thing. It seems like cheating.

Uh, a mixer is used by /everyone/ who uses some sort of amplification
system, including our very own OtR.  I can't name a band off-hand that
played without such equipment at /any/ show I've been to.

Maybe your definition of a mixer and the classical definition are rather
different; perhaps you meant a sequencer?

-Smitty the Gearhead