Re: the violet burning and owen's ring (no otr)

Owensring:

The word indie is so overused and misunderstood.  I find difficulty
describing bands as well, but here goes.

Owensring brings a tight rock show to the stage.  The songs don't drone on,
but are packaged nicely.  Robert Melvin's clear strong voice leads the
listener through poetic beauty as the band slides through music less pop,
less glam than the Violet Burning, but just as passionate.  I'd say they
have a bit more of that rockstar angst: Robert throwing his guitar down
during one of the songs and crying out, as if this show was the only show
he's ever performed, the last song of his life.

I don't know if that helps, but you can go listen to some clips of their
songs at www.owensring.com.

And now to the question about the Violet's new songs:
Two at cornerstone were:
Radio Jesus Superstar
Lost Without You Near Me

The other song I can think of that he's played in the last two nights has
something in the title about Kissing the Stars or Kiss in the Stars?  This
one was really beautiful.  Michael Played it on the keys.

I can't wait till the new album is released.

~Sarah Best~