Re: Top 10 favorite songs (minute OtR content)

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Sarah Herr wrote:
> 1. "One" by U2

Ever hear the Johnny Cash version?  That's my favorite, at the moment.  :)

> 7. "Imagine" by John Lennon

Ewwww.  :)  I don't find John Lennon solo all that interesting, I'm afraid
-- occasionally he'll come up with an interesting lyric like "How can I
move forward when I don't know which way I'm facing", but I really don't
care for the sort of nihilistic bliss he fantasizes about in this one.

> Yep - too much time on my hands :P

Heh.  I can't begin to imagine how I'd cut my list down to a mere ten.  I
can think of a few tunes off the top of my head that I really like, like
George Harrison's 'Cheer Down', Joan Osborne's cover of Bob Dylan's 'Make
You Feel My Love', the second movement to Schubert's 'Piano Trio in E
Flat', Moby's 'Porcelain', Louis Armstrong's 'We Have All the Time in the
World', Sam Phillips's 'Flame', Blondie's 'Fade Away and Radiate', Phil
Keaggy's 'I've Just Begun (Again)', James Horner's 'The Confession' (from
the soundtrack to _The Name of the Rose_), Robbie Williams's cover of
'She's the One', the Lost Dogs' 'All That Remains', the live version of
the Waterboys' 'Savage Earth Heart', Annie Lennox's cover of 'Ev'ry Time
We Say Goodbye', Undercover's 'So Wonderful', and others ... but I've
already listed more than ten tunes, and if I did just a little more
thinking, I could surely come up with even *more* tunes ...

Oh, and of course, then there are my favorite Over the Rhine tunes, like
'Etcetera Whatever', 'Give Me Strength', 'Little Genius', etc.