Re: a progressive listener

At 02:16 PM 8/8/02 +0000, J B wrote:
>I too in my early days was into alot of "Prog".Off hand I can remember
>going to ,Crimson,UK,Nektar,Camel,Marillion,as well as
>Genesis,ELP,Yes,Gabriel etc and I'm sure a few others I can't rememeber
>due to braincells being killed off.But as I got older I just got away from
>it due to the fact that some Prog bands are too Prog for thier own
>good,meaning they forget about the song and just play endless parts they
>paste together with almost no emotion or heart.Just my opinion.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm pretty picky about what prog bands I listen
to, a lot of them are pretty indulgent but a lot of it is just genius.  I
wish I could've gone to the Yes show in Detroit but I just don't have the
cash.  I'm already missing my first Oasis show in 6 years, it's kind of
depressing.

But...Peter Gabriel is touring this winter, I definately have to go to
that, I've waited so long to see him, I was only 12 when he toured last,
it's been a long time coming for me. :)

-Steve C.