Re: moviethon vacation

Among Gil's movies watched: The Maltese Falcon.  I just saw that a couple of weeks ago.  I'm trying to expand my movie-consciousness by going through the American Film Institute's top 100 films list.  The Maltese Falcon is #23.

#24 was Raging Bull (made by Martin Scorsese, stars Robert DeNiro).  #25 was E.T. (how it got so high is beyond me, so I skipped it, yawn).  Last week I saw:

#26 Dr. Strangelove (Peter Sellers, George C. Scott and Slim Pickins (yeeeeeehaaaaaah!)

#27 Bonnie and Clyde (Faye Dunaway, Warren Beatty)

#28 Apocalypse Now (Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando)--the horror, the horror

This week I'll see:

#29 Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Jimmy Stewart)--quite a transition from Apocalypse Now

#30 Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Humphrey Bogart)

#31 Annie Hall (Woody Allen)--this DVD is two-sided: one side is wide-screen, and the other side is the standard version.  For some inexplicable reason, Blockbuster has put a big sticker on the wide-screen side.  Guess I'll be watching the standard version.

Old movies rule.

Jeff

CORNERSTONE EXPERIENCE

The Music of Cornerstone Festival, on the Internet

Cable/DSL/T1: http://www.live365.com/stations/292866
56k: http://www.live365.com/stations/294324

--------------- Unsubscribe by going to http://www.actwin.com/OtR/