Re: Confession time

In a message dated 7/31/02 3:23:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
since_91 at hotmail_com writes:

<< >All this talk about "old-timers" and seeing OTR in the early 90's reminds
me of how after Ric and the guitar-driven sound was gone and Jack and the
keyboard-driven sound was in, it took me quite a while to get used to it.  I
liked the new stuff they were doing, but I just couldn't shake the memories
of how it used to be.  I'm glad I stuck with it, of course, and OTR is just
as brilliant as ever, but it was tough going at first.  Any other of you
"old-timers" have that trouble?

I saw them quite a few times with Ric and was always blown away.  I had a
hard time getting used to the much tamer shows without him - I still loved
seeig them -- how could one not, but it felt lesser for a couple years.  Now
FFR blew me away as much as ANY previous release -- on first listen!
  I've been a fan since 91 but missed the new band show.  Friends of mine
caught it (I was there but opted for another show ... can't remember what it
was) and ranted and raved so much that I immediately started paying attention
and picked up TWHF when it first came out and have picked up every one since.
 I didn't join the list until a few years back though as I had no puter so I
guess I'm not an old timer.  I do remember checking out the original Orchard
at a friends house and that site was a small part of what persuaded me to get
a puter.  Ironically, when I picked one up a month or so later the old
orchard had closed it's doors...

kevin