Re: Karin said go listen to Brownhouse.. so I did

michelle wrote:

>I remember Karin mentioning Brownhouse before, or maybe I saw
>their name as opening acts for OtR on the upcoming show's URL, I
>have no idea - I'm losing my mind maybe.
>
>I do know that on the Cornerstone show, Karin says to go check
>out Brownhouse.  So I went to their site, d/l'd their 3 mp3's,
>and I like-y.  I like-y very much.
>
>Question is, does anyone have any other mp3's or information
>that their site doesn't?  Dan the Music Man..?  Anyone?  I'm
>very curious.  Any info will thrill me.. it doesn't take much
>anymore, so, yea.  ;)  Thanks in advance ya'll.

Direct quote from the /I Don't Think There's No Need to Bring Nothin'/
card given away at Cornerstone 2002:

"This CD of instrumental piano music was originally included in a book
of photographs by Michael Wilson, with accompanying poems by Dave
Nixon...Dave Nixon is beginning work on his first full-length book and
presided at the wedding of Karin Bergquist and Linford Detweiler on a
fine October day back in 1996.  If you don't believe us, you can ask
him--he's probably even now sitting behind this table peddling our
wares. He traded his services this week for karin's childhood piano.  He
gave Karin's piano to his oldest daughter Kim, who fronts the up and
coming band Brownhouse..."

Hence the OtR connection.

=)

-Smitty the person-who-paid-attention