FRS radio at C2K2

Smitty opined-

"FRS radio. They proved invaluable at C2K, but now it's two years later
and in that time the cost of the radios has really gone down. As a
result, I'm betting the FRS-wielding population at the 'fest will be
much larger than previous years, and so the radios will be less useful.
Still, I'll take mine with on the off chance that radio traffic is
sparse enough for effective communication."

At C-stone 1999, 14 channel radios were already clogged with traffic,
but there is, still a way to use them effectively. The fancier radios
with the 38 privacy codes per channel, might allow your traffic to go
back down to normal. Cheap 14 channel radios require "dates," set a
channel, and a check-in time, or interval, like turnig on the radio at
23 minutes after every hour, and establishing contact. This procedure
worked, even at the very crowded C2K1.

Should we select an oTr channel now?

"I have gas Money, a license and i am very tullerent of  bad music and
stinky poeple, I'm a punk rock house wife.  thank you." - Amelia from
Amherst, Mass.

http://community.webtv.net/Sobriqet/SOBRIQUET