My rootbeer story

> > Stewart's is ubiquitous.  It tastes too much
> like
> > A&W--just plain.
>
> their orange 'n cream is yummy, though.

I agree. And best of all, there's a little family
pizza joint around the corner from work where I
can get a bottle of Stewart's Orange Cream Soda
and a sandwich for under $4.

> > Barq's sucks,
>
> indeed.  the bite is what makes it yucky.

Here's a story about Barq's: When my son was only
a month or two old, my wife, who was nursing, and
I went to grab a bite to eat at a place that
served Barq's. Or maybe we got a 2-liter bottle
at the store.

Regardless, my wife sucked down insane quanities
of Barq's. Consequently, she and I were up almost
all night with my son -- he might have slept in
half-hour to 45-minute shifts until 4 or 5 a.m.
It turns out that Barq's has caffeine. And from
what I can tell, it's the only widespread
commercially available rootbeer that is
caffeinated -- and not a good beverage for
nursing moms and the babies that depend on them!

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com