Re: Oddities Of Soda Pop

At 03:02 PM 6/8/2002, So Briquet wrote:
>"I liked Pepsi Clear..."
>Anita, on 1992's Crystal Pepsi
>
>Well, there was one of you.

I liked it.  I would like to have some now. :)  Was it truly devoid of
caffeine?  I was only around twelve when that was unleashed on the world,
which means it was before I started paying attention to the caffeine
content of my beverages.  IIRC, most of my friends liked it at the time
too.  Then again, that's the market segment that buys green ketchup and
blue margerine.

>Saturday Night Live did a good commercial for Crystal Gravy, which, must
>have, actually, been corn syrup,

I remember that commercial, it's way up there with the Jiffy Pop Air Bag
and the luxury car that looks like crap on the outside (as a
theft-deterrent system) in my list of favorite fake commercials.

>Coca-Cola is only selling a Diet version of its Lemon Cola, whereas
>Pepsi is offering both a regular and diet version of its lemon flavoured
>Pepsi Twist, which, tatses like some a bad mix of Sierra Mist and Pepsi.

I like that, but I'm fickle with my pop-buying habits.  I tend to cycle
through all the non-diet Pepsi products.

>Goumet soda, Stewart's Orange'n'Cream is simply vanilla flavouring added
Stewart's Lemon Meringue soda was *awesome* when I tried it a few years
ago.  I haven't seen it since, so I suppose that means they don't make it
any more.  They still make Key Lime, I think.  That's pretty good too.

I think my absolute favorite pop product has to have been Royal Crown Draft
Cola.  It was only in bottles, and only sold for a very short time.  I got
a four-pack, and by the time I was at the store a week later they were sold
out.  No more ever came in...'twas very sad for me.  A cursory search
proves that I'm not making this stuff up, but that's about
it.  http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/royalcrown/

Ah, longings for beverages long forgotten (by the world in general)...

-Smitty