Oddities Of Soda Pop

"I liked Pepsi Clear..."
Anita, on 1992's Crystal Pepsi

Well, there was one of you.

What was the problem? I assume that since it had no caffeine, it shared
the same mildly inferior taste of Caffeine Free Pepsi, formerly known as
Pepsi Free, made famous in 1985 by Michael J. Fox ordering one in Back
To The Future, and being told that he would, of course, have to pay for
a Pepsi.

Saturday Night Live did a good commercial for Crystal Gravy, which, must
have, actually, been corn syrup, which, as a child, I remember using on
pancakes, totally devoid of any artificial flavouring, such as maple.

Coca-Cola is only selling a Diet version of its Lemon Cola, whereas
Pepsi is offering both a regular and diet version of its lemon flavoured
Pepsi Twist, which, tatses like some a bad mix of Sierra Mist and Pepsi.

Vanilla Coca-Cola simply has an aftertaste, only instead of the
upleasant plastic taste of Diet, it's a rather pleasant vanilla, which,
our society so closely associates with ice cream, that people say "it
has a 'creamy' aftertaste."

Goumet soda, Stewart's Orange'n'Cream is simply vanilla flavouring added
to a high qualty orange soda, trying to evoke thoughts of vanilla ice
cream bars covered with orange sherbet.

Coca-Cola brought Cherry Coke out in the nostalgia-crazed year of 1985,
and a few years later the "Cherry Poppers" (people obsessed with cherry
soda) got their way, and the cherry flavour got stronger, and the
labeling has bounced all over the artisic map.

Royal Crown Cola, and Pepsi still have their cherry colas, as well. They
seem O.K.

IBC Root Beer is second to New Ulm, Minnesota's 1919 Root Beer but 1919
is only available in draft form. 1919 was brought to Cornerstone in, I
think, 1997, by a beer distributor, and that year, unlike any other,
lacked the oppressive heat, which sells draft root beer. Maybe it was
God's wrathful punishment on the beer distributor;-)

"If music be the food of love, play on."
     --Shakespeare (they sure make good fishing tackle)