Re: Oddities Of Soda Pop

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Chris Lindemer wrote:

> > Saturday Night Live did a good commercial for Crystal Gravy, which,
> > must have, actually, been corn syrup . . .
>
> I remember that commercial, it's way up there with the Jiffy Pop Air Bag
> and the luxury car that looks like crap on the outside (as a
> theft-deterrent system) in my list of favorite fake commercials.

I think my personal favorite may be the ad for the facing double-toilets,
built for couples who want to share one of the truly most intimate (or
private) human experiences.  But one of the all-time classics, going back
to the '70s, has to be the ad for the car that drives so smoothly that a
rabbi can perform a circumcision in the back seat and not hurt anyone.