Re: i am back (or will be after thursday)

On Tue, 28 May 2002 JLuvzMusyk at aol_com wrote:
> hello all.  so, i am sitting in an internet spot in the middle of rome,
> having toured the colloseum, the forum, and the panthenon...in moments
> we will be visiting the spanish steps, and tonight, another concert,
> filled with amazing music from people who are REALLY tired of one
> another.

I've only been to Rome once, in the summer of 1990.  Loved it.

> my time spent in europe has been incredible, and i do not know if i will
> ever be able to express truly how much it has changed me as a person.

Oh, try.  :)

> i know that there are many things left in america that i would change,
> yet many other things that i will never complain about
> again...especially free tap water in restaurants!

What did you make of the Italian toilets?  I think I developed an almost
unnatural, psychosomatic (or whatever) ability to avoid certain kinds of
bathroom functions while I was staying with my sister's friends in
Cosenza, just because the facilities there scared me so.

> paris, munich, heidelberg, florence, venice, rome...an opportunity of a
> lifetime has been lived in a mere 25 days, and, on thursday morning, i
> will board a plane that will bring me back home.  however, i think that
> my heart will be left here...at least until i am able to return for
> another visit.

I got to spend a day or two in Venice, too.  Lots of birds.  Loved it.

> i must tell everyone about the musica sacra festival, which was a five
> day long festival that invited 11 choirs from 10 countries, representing
> the five major world religions.  my choir became quite close with the
> hindus from bali and the buddhists from japan, and i have a special
> place in my heart for the muslims from africa...however, time is short
> now.

Sounds interesting.  I assume your choir represented Christianity?  Then
the fifth religion would be ... Jewish, I guess?