Re: colors & album impressions thereof...

Long time, no post.

Neil Halstead's (Mojave 3) newest solo album, "Sleeping on Roads" has a great cover...I wasn't familiar with his name, saw the cd, bought it because of the cover, and it's one of the best cd's I've heard all year.  Sound-wise he's similar to Nick Drake, Red House Painters, you get the idea.

Other good covers not already mentioned:  Kings of Convenience "Quiet is the New Loud," Badly Drawn Boy's first album, Joseph Arthur "Come to where I'm From," and PJ Harvey's newest one, "Stories from the city..."  All get across to you how the music's gonna sound before you push play.

On the other hand, before Nelly Furtado had a single on the radio, I saw her cd, and kept wanting to check it out, because the cover looked very 70's, nifty French-pop...so covers can be deceiving I suppose.  Enough of that.

Judah

np:  Michelle Shocked "Deep Natural"