covers and whoa, nelly!

JudahM at aol_com wrote:
> On the other hand, before Nelly Furtado had a single
> on the radio, I saw her cd, and kept wanting to
> check it out, because the cover looked very 70's,
> nifty French-pop...so covers can be deceiving I
> suppose.  Enough of that.

i bought Nelly Furtado's _Whoa, Nelly!_ back in
October 2000, right after it came out... it was
onsale at Best buy for $7.99.  i figured, what the
hell.  i only remember the month because it was in
my car CD player for the first or second time while
i was on my way to Anderson, IN for a show that i
got caught speeding... bloody h...

personally, i think it's a breath of fresh air in the
pop scene.  it's a great debut album...

it's catchy, fun, diverse music w/ great vocals, and
she writes all of her own stuff (some may be co-
authored). all in all, i think it's a good disc.

just my $.01,
Dan

np: jason dennie - living on melody lane

=====
*here are two wonderful pages that Dan maintains*
    VISIT - My Essential Music Favorites List:
             http://www.dlm.net/gc/
    VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/