Re: covers and whoa, nelly!

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 12:10, Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

> i bought Nelly Furtado's _Whoa, Nelly!_ back in
> October 2000, right after it came out... it was
<snip>
> personally, i think it's a breath of fresh air in the
> pop scene.  it's a great debut album...
>
> it's catchy, fun, diverse music w/ great vocals, and
> she writes all of her own stuff (some may be co-
> authored). all in all, i think it's a good disc.

Hmm... I may have to check that out someday.  I must confess that the
"Bird" song was catchy, but not really in a good way for me.

I much preferred to pick up the new Michelle Branch CD, _The Spirit
Room_.  I liked both the radio singles so I picked it up, and found
myself liking most of the album.  Nothing too extremely different than
other female fronted pop, but for some reason it doesn't grate on me
like many of the others do.

Adding my penny to the mix,

Troy