Re: Input from the musicians, if you please...

> Just going on feel and sound alone (remember I can
> play no instrument now) I found the Yamaha (F335,and
> the F365sII) to be the most pleasing.  I did look at
> others (which I could not afford,) but after a point
> it all started to run together.  I also liked the
> fender (unknown model) and the Alvarez (Yairi DY55)
> which was cool because it was hand signed "A. Yairi"
> in pencil inside the body on the label.
>

> Could anyone help me out here?  What's a great, but
> relatively inexpensive guitar to start with?  So far,

As has been mentioned, your personal preference it vastly important...a guitar is
a personal affair to be sure.  People can go on and on about the finer points of
tone and all that...but what matters is that it feels/sounds good to you.  I take
it by the guitars you mentioned you're interested in an acoustic.

I like acoustic guitars as well, but liek the wider spectrum of sounds possible
with an electric.  That pushed me to buy my Squier (Fender) Showmaster.  It's a
modified Strat design, but I love the feel, the style, and the sound.  Others
might not, but that doesn't matter - I got the guitar for me.

So, get what you feel is the best guitar for you.

-Smitty