Input from the musicians, if you please...

So, all this talk about learning to play the guitar
has aroused some part of me that longs to express
myself musically--I know I sound like a dork, but bear
with me.

I looked around today at some music stores and some
pawn shops for a guitar.  It seems we've covered this
before, but just say, that, for instance, I was going
to buy a guitar to learn on.  What would someone who
knows more than I do about the subject suggest?

Just going on feel and sound alone (remember I can
play no instrument now) I found the Yamaha (F335,and
the F365sII) to be the most pleasing.  I did look at
others (which I could not afford,) but after a point
it all started to run together.  I also liked the
fender (unknown model) and the Alvarez (Yairi DY55)
which was cool because it was hand signed "A. Yairi"
in pencil inside the body on the label.

Could anyone help me out here?  What's a great, but
relatively inexpensive guitar to start with?  So far,
the F365sII is in the lead, but only due to some
unexplainable feeling I get when I hold it and strum
it--BTW, it's very used and has several, several signs
of wear and tear (love perhaps).  It's at a pawn shop
for $159, while the F335 is brand new in a box never
touched by anyone, save the folks at Yamaha, and $189
with a warranty etc, etc.  The Alvarez I could get for
$400.It's used too, but in better shape than the
Yamaha.

If anyone was interested enought to get this far,
perhaps you could make a suggestion?

Gratefully

Mark