Re: animation

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, franny zoe wrote:
> The disney aesthetic, although effective in many ways, is a very limited
> one.  There are other animators who use the gesture of a line, or a line
> quality, for example, in a way that disney wasn't interested.

Disney was certainly constrained by his commercial sensibilities, but I
sometimes think he wished there was a bigger market for the more
experimental stuff, just so he could get into it more.  Listen to his
comments on the _Fantasia_ DVD during the Bach sequence, or note the
influence of Salvador Dali on the 'Pink Elephants' sequence in _Dumbo_.