Re: animation vs. the real thing

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Don Smith wrote:
> Aladdin, the film, was creating this fantasy, ancient, Arabian world,
> and then had the genie imitating Ed Sullivan and making modern jokes.
> That is to me what ruined it.

Hmmm.  Me, I liked he way it evoked the old Looney Tunes, which sometimes
had cameos by Humphrey Bogart and Bing Crosby and other celebrities.  It
was a nice change of pace for Disney, I thought.

But I *did* notice, the second time I saw the film, how the Genie doesn't
pop up until the film is about half-finished -- unless you count the
narrator, also voiced by Robin Williams, in the prologue.