Re: animation

>From: "franny zoe" at the risk of beating a dead horse,

No risk- beat away!

>i think it is a bit misleading to compare disney to just about anything.

That's what I'm sayin'!

There are other animators who use the gesture of a line, or a
>line
>quality, for example, in a way that disney wasn't interested.  See Carolyn
>Leafs THE STREET.  The brothers quay use light and texture and rhythm in
>ways that less obscure animators wouldn't even consider: see STREET OF
>CROCODILES. The main character's movements are deliberately awkward but it
>works in a way that ultimately makes the character that much more
>expressive.

Are these independent shorts?  Are they on DVD?  I'm curious!  Who did "The
Face"?  My local PBS station used to play it as filler to kill the five
minutes between the end of a commercial-free BBC program and the start of
the hour.  Anyway, it was really cool.

Great post.  I miss the recipes, though. :-)