Re: JIN-ROH and LoTR

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, ryan richards wrote:
> I view movies as a temporary escape for sure, but I think their real
> intention is to tell a story that one can relate to, learn from and
> hopefully respond to in the real world.

Hmmm, _Koyaanisqatsi_ (1983), one of my five favorite films of all time,
doesn't have a script or dialogue or actors -- does it "tell a story"?

Plus, my favorite film of 1997 was _Fast, Cheap & Out of Control_, which
I've described elsewhere as a "docu-poem" because it's sort of a
documentary but it functions like a poem -- does it "tell a story"?