The Awards.

On 3/25/02 1:13 AM, quoth the brilliant soberman_69 at hotmail_com at
soberman_69 at hotmail_com:

> LoTR deserved to win, but just lost.  Pity, as LoTR is amazing!  The
>fact that any film from the Post-Star Wars era of special effects, wherein
>I've seen everything, could have "wowed" me the way loTR did is telling.
>This film has staying power.  Twenty years from now, few people will
>remember "A Beautiful Mind".  (Unless you LOVE Jenny C!)

I beg to differ, and for one important reason. I didn't see it, so I
can't judge myself, but I do know it's made people talk and think a
little differently about mental illness.

I think twenty years from now, both films will be remembered as great
achievements.

A very interesting night, all told. The last five seconds almost made me
cry.