Re: The Awards.

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> I beg to differ, and for one important reason. I
> didn't see it, so I
> can't judge myself, but I do know it's made people
> talk and think a
> little differently about mental illness.

I think I have to agree with Matt on this one.
(Although I did love A Beautiful Mind. I was
disappointed that LOTR didn't win, but then I made
myself remember how much I loved beautiful mind when I
saw it.)
I don't think that A Beautiful mind will be a
"classic" in the sense that LOTR will be 20 years from
now.  IT will be remembered because it won best
picture.  Kind of like Gigi and How Green Was My
Valley and Grand Hotel are all remembered because they
won, although they are not really significant
otherwise.  On the other hand Citizen Kane, Star Wars,
ET and Apocalypse Now - none of which won best picture
- are all remembered because they are timeless
classics.

But who can really know?

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?