OTR frustration?

Let me compare and contrast as I pose this
question to the list:

Over at the Vigilantes of Love list, there always
seems to be constant frustration that Bill
Mallonee can't break out get more airplay on AAA
radio and sell more CDs. This could be for any
number of reasons or combinations thereof -- but
that's not the point of this message.

Here in the Orchard, I get the sense that
everyone is pretty much happy with where OTR is
right now. They haven't hit the big time; in
fact, they haven't reached the level of an artist
like Bruce Cockburn (i.e. playing mid-range
venues and commanding $25 to $30 a ticket), from
what I can tell. I do get the impression that
Virgin (or is it just Back Porch) provides a
decent amount of support -- at least there isn't
the frequent bitching and moaning like on the VOL
list.

The only time I've heard OTR broadcast was the
single, whose name escapes me now, from "FFR"
while I was chowing on a burrito at Taco Bell. I
personally haven't heard anything else on the
radio, even on WXPN from the U. of Penn, which is
a great AAA station.

This is a constant source of frustration among
the Bill Mallonee crowd, and I'm wondering how
everyone views this here.

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com