RE: hymns: was Re: The Ob Sessions

Kevin wrote
>anyone wanna list a couple of their favorite hymns?

"Great Is Thy Faithfulness" has always been my favorite.  In addition to the
comforting, encouraging lyrics, I love the poignant melody.  Of course I'll
always love OTR's take on "In The Garden" far more than the original.  The
three hymns on Ashley Cleveland's "Lesson Of Love" album ("Revive Us Again,"
"Power In The Blood," and "Holy Holy Holy") are versions of hymns that I
really like.

There are two unusual arrangements of hymns that I've performed that I
enjoy.  In high school, we did a jazz acapella medley of "For The Beauty Of
The Earth" and "Fairest Lord Jesus" that I was totally in love with.  The
harmonies were incredible!  And our praise band at church, of which I used
to be a member, does a great version of "All Hail The Power Of Jesus' Name."

Chris