giraffe in my closet

>>I honestly thought it meant you wanted to hug an animal that was in
danger.
>>I just shrugged it off, though.  :-)

I thought you meant that the animal would be in some sort of danger when
you hugged it.

:)
;)

I liked the zoo a lot as a kid.  Haven't been in years.

But certainly not all zoos are equal, and some zoos, over time, have been
aweful.  I've sen nineteenth centruy shots of animals in little black
wrought iron cages.  That had to suck.  But some zoos have been quite
good.  And don't zoos serve as not only entertainment and education
centers but also as centers for important research?  I'm just asking.

Jurrasic Park.  Now that was a great free range zoo.  My uncle was
dentist to the tyranosaurus.  In the camping area, we used to hide baby
raptors in each other's sleeping bags!  Great memories.

Is suggesting that we just read books and watch videos about animals a
little like saying that since we have a print of Picasso's work, we
needn't see the real thing?

Domestication isn't all bad.  Ask my parents' lazy cats.  And my giraffe.
 (He lives in my closet.  I ride him to work.)  (And he uses his neck to
protect me against intruders.)  (Though he cannot bark, or make any other
substantial vocal sound.)  (Or can he?)  (On cold days, he wears his
turtleneck sweater.)

coffee's ready,

Fred

PS: Tonight on CBS: The Detweiler Teatime Mysteries: "The Case of the
Purloined Mandolin Player."  Cameos by Gillian Welch and Mick Jagger.
Jon Bon Jovi appearing again as Officer Jones.