Re: PittsburghLIVE.com interview

I am not at all sold on this idea that Cincinnati is a less-than-solid supporter of OTR. I happen to have seen OTR 5 times in the last 3 months, of which one was the Taft Christmas show, and the other 4 times were out of town. I did not see anything in the other cities that leads me to conclude that the support in Cincinnati is less than it should be.
When OTS plays in Cincinnati, the crowds are much much bigger than on the road. The "Films for Radio" tour from exactly a year ago is a good example. While "Bogart's" in Cincinnati wasn't sold out, there was a very strong showing, and it was by far the largest venue on the tour.
I would urge you to carefully re-read the interview on PitssburghLIVE.com (a link to which is posted on the home page of OTR's website). One might think that, since the interview was given to an out-of-town media, Linford thought he could be more frank about how he really feels about this.
What is really surprising and striking, is that OTR decided to post a link to the interview on its website. Without that link, most of us would most likely not ever have become aware of it in the first place.
What is the message then that is being sent to us, when the band "flaunts" this article by posting a link? I'm interested in all of your takes on it.
Paul

>>> Kelvin Bailey <prestokelvo at yahoo_com> 03/02/02 09:15PM >>>
I think Linford probably has a valid point. You
should be able to fill a larger venue in your home
town for Pete's sake. They've got a history in Cinci,
much like Ellis Paul in Boston or Days of the New
(blech...) in Louisville. And I think it's hard to
debate the fact that a huge percentage of the folks at
the December Taft show were out-of-towners. (like
me!)

Besides, unless you are on the road with a band, I
don't really think you're in a position to make those
calls like the folks in the band who are there day in
and day out. Sure, you're thinking "hey, I live in
Cinci and I'm a huge supporter of the guy." But
you're only one person out of a huge city. And no
doubt you are duplicated tenplusfold. But, once
again, I think Linford is in a better position to see
what kind of overall support in a city.

My advice...If you don't like what he is saying in the
interview, change the climate in your city!

just a thought from a guy in a city that doesn't
support anyone other than that squirrely Patino cat.

Kelvin