Re: Copy of Interview

>From the cursed Ysobelle at aol_com:

>as for Linford's worrying about hurting someone's feelings, as I said,
>he's voiced this opinion publically before, so it would sem strange for
>him to have had an attack of contrition now.
Besides which, he's a public
>figure and a man of integrity. If he says something to a reporter, I'm
>sure he means it. And I'm sure he'll tell us if the case is otherwise.

Oh dear, just when I thought we were both in agreement, and began to hope
for peace on Earth...  ;-)

Actually, we still are.  Linford is the type to worry about hurting
another's feelings, as his demeanor and lyrics/poetry indicate, but, having
read the article, I really doubt he asked that it be removed.  My reactions
were actually to Paul A's concerns, not the actual article.  I never doubted
the veracity of what Linford said, though it did seem quite likely that the
reporter "played up" this angle to make the story more interesting, based on
Paul's reaction.  Now, having read the piece, I think the reporter was just
trying to get us local folk to wake up and recognize this absolutely
fabulous band that resides in our own backyard.

And I don't think Linford was devaluing hometown supporters, just lamenting
how lackluster the local reaction has generally been relative to the
reactions elsewhere.  This in no way undermines the worth of existing, and
devout, local fans.  Quite the opposite, in fact!  I think that, by saying
that the local fans are too few, he's being complimentary.  Anything that
there's too few of in the world is usually a good thing!  Never heard anyone
complain of too few lawyers or taxes, for instance.  So, cheer up Paul!

>And, as Jessyka pointed out, the final line was Mr. Behe's, and it seemed
>that the main point of his article was that OtR, this great local band,
>are underappreciated at home. I can't say he's wrong, either.

Nor can I.  So, we are in agreement after all!

As for that last line, again, I was reacting to what Paul had written.  Not
to slam him, but his being upset by this line, in the context of the rest of
his post, made me think Linford had said it.  This seemed totally out of
character for Linford, and knowing that he didn't say it at all makes much
more sense!

Thanks JB!