Re: New Alanis

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Bethany Keeley wrote:
> Kelvin Bailey wrote:
> > Okay, let's be honest.  How many people really
> > purchase it later.
> >

> I really do.  Because intellectual property is important to me.  I don't
> know if other people do though.  Probably not.

I still buy stuff all the time.  I regularly replace my burned CD copies
with purchased copies - because I know it's right.

I know I am on eof the MP3 success stories.  There are bands who would
never earny my money by singles and radio airplay.  My general policy is I
have to like three songs off an album before I'll buy it.  That way I'm
not getting screwed by a band that made exactly one good song.  With the
ability to download songs, I can sample quite a bit of it and make sure I
like the album as a whole before I go spending $15.  I don't know about
some of you, btu $15 is still a significant amount of money for me ;)

-Smitty