Re: New Alanis

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Don Smith wrote:
> On the third hand, I think colorizing old movies or appropriating images
> of dead actors to sell your own products is abhorrant, or at least
> tasteless . . .

Me, I always wonder if the original Colonel Sanders realized he was going
to become an animated corporate logo in the ads for KFC.  Does this man
have any family, and if so, how do they feel about a company owning and
playing with their ancestor's image?  (I was talking to someone the other
day about how 20-year-olds nowadays don't seem to realize that Colonel
Sanders really existed -- that KFC is not merely hiring an actor to play
the company mascot, the way McDonald's does with Ronald McDonald.)