on-list support/comments/a lil' otr

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Religion isn't just another thread-- it's an issue over
> which millions of people have been killed, countries divided,
> governments overthrown, kids thrown out of houses, and planes flown
> into buildings.

I share this thought and have kept it to myself.

> Can't we leave it offlist out of simple respect for others?

> I get a lot of support off-list, but it would be nice to have some
> on-list, too.

You got it.

--

I do understand the comment of talking about other music with this
being an Over the Rhine list in comparison to Yosie's religion

One of the first posts I sent when I joined was to ask what everyone
had in their stereos at the time.  So we all like OtR, but what else
ya got in there?  The response was awesome, what a wide-range of
tastes showed up.  Not only did I see musicians names I'd never heard
of, but I also saw listee addy's I hadn't seen in the 3-4 months I'd
been archive lurking.  And a lot of those same addy's I haven't seen
since.  I don't like only one band or one genre of music.  I like a
little of almost all of it and OtR is in my small handfull of
absolute favorites.

Even when television and movies are brought up here, the threads are
short and rarely get 1+ paragraph.  And when someones "..my #1 movie
of all time" comment gets a response of "..i didn't like it all..
dull".  I've yet to see someone flare up, take it against their
personal belief/opinion/studies and get defensive and hash a movie
out over and over and over.

If this post made any of you yawn, any of you think "that was
pointless", didn't make sense or upset any of you, I guess thats just
the way it goes.  These are the only comments I've posted on the
whole religion topic.

> I'm not dissing anyone's religion, and I hope no one thinks I have
> been.

I share that thought too.

--

I sure do love the show review posts though.  I may have never seen
them in person, or be in a position to drive off into the night to

michelle