dream theater & six degrees of turbulence

JLuvzMusyk at aol_com wrote:
> steve wrote:
> > Speaking of Liquid Tension Experiment...new
> > Dream Theater album out on Tuesday!!!!
> > (sound of everyone else on this list besides
> > me and Dan going "Huh?")
>
> hey, i know who dream theater is, and i really
> like them!

yeah, i remember you saying that way back... :)

their new 2CD album (CD1 with 6 LONG-ASS songs, CD2
with 1 frickin' LONG-ASS song) called Six Degrees
of Turbulence comes on 1/29/02.  it's gonna rock.
the longer the song, the less percentage of time that
James LaBrie has to sing... :P'

> of course, when i told my friend dave sykut that,
> his jaw dropped, since, apparently only eight
> people in pittsburgh know who dream theater is,
> and they are all guitarists.  that's not me.  but
> i know who they are.

yeah, go to a DT show, and there are a ton of
musicians... and me.  every time. :)

> i even own _scenes from a memory_. does that count?

yes, it counts, jess. :)

as far as Scenes goes, i don't care for it *as much*.
i think it's a Jordan Ruddess thing (keyboardist).
nothing can compare to Kevin Moore in my book
(original keyboardist, now twice removed).  he is
one of my musical/lyrical heros.  Jordan Ruddess
just seems stale in the "play the same classical-
sounding progressive rock keyboard" way.

i do like the Zappa-meets-Tool qualities in some of
the songs in Act I and beginning of Act II of
Scenes.

heard a lot of talk about this Jebus,
Dan

np: +live+ - mental jewelry