Re: Nine Inch Nails (and other wylde silas tomkyn idiocy)

Christian D Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
> I'm actually of the oppisite school of thought,
> The Fragile is, IMHO, his best work.  Then again,
> I'm a sucker for huge albums a la the Smashing
> Pumpkins' MCIS.

i dig SP's MCatIS.  i think i might get theFragile
soon... as it's going for easily around $8 at
half.com... next month, i'll jump on it.  i've
spent far too much this month (Family Guy Season 1
DVD, Futurama Season 1 DVD, Moulin Rouge, O Brother,
Fear Factory DVD, Dream Theater coming up... etc)

what Brad Caviness said about theFragile makes me
wanna check it out.  i do like Trent's concepts.

> > TDS just bored me, though.  goddamn piggies.
>
> The pigs references may be a little over-done,
> I'll admit that much ;)

:)

> You mentioned Adrian Belew [ed.: due to his work
> on NIN's "Closer"], he's one of those guitarists
> I really respect for the sheer diversity of sounds
> he has been involved with.  Another reason TDS is
> so good is the overall narrative nature of it.

odd stuff that he's done recently include working
on Tori Amos' last disc, and working extensively on
Kevin Max Smith (of dc Talk's) solo CD by producing
and playing guitar on it... i think Tony Levin also
plucked the bass for K-Max.  weird.

i'm feeling weird today...

"what a man did 2000 years ago... hum!?"
   (if Wylde Silas Tomkyn was part of +Live+)
Dan

np: +live+ - mental jewelry

=====
+- Galactic Cowboys http://www.dlm.net/gc/ -+