re: Requiem

> I just finished Requiem for a Dream - Edited Version.
> Loved it.  Ellen Burstyn was absolutely stunning, and
> it was almost surreal watching Marlon Wayans in a
> relatively straight role.  What did the masses (and by
> that i mean the listees) think of the film?

Despite it's being overly didactic, I liked it very much - enough to buy the
DVD. The music, in particular, is exquisite and haunting. Darren Aronofsky
is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with. Performances, particularly
by Connelly and Burstyn, were excellent. The fact that Burstyn got beat out
by Julia "Brokovich" Roberts at the Oscars is shameful.

I've not seen the edited version. Do you know how it differs from the
original version? I presume it cuts some of the orgy sequence at the end, or
possibly the infected arm?

-

s&th
cirhsein at yahoo_com

"Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence."
                           - Joseph Wood Crutch