Re: Requiem

> I just finished Requiem for a Dream - Edited Version.
> Loved it.  Ellen Burstyn was absolutely stunning, and
> it was almost surreal watching Marlon Wayans in a
> relatively straight role.  What did the masses (and by
> that i mean the listees) think of the film?

Let me go against the grain and say that I thought it was awful.  I fast
forwarded through it.  In fact it was one of those movies that I now don't
remember why I didn't like it, maybe my mood....maybe the movie subject
matter...who knows.  But, I know that I didn't like it...very disturbing
(not that disturbing is bad every now and again).  And I don't remember if I
saw the edited or unedited version.  I guess it would have been the "Barry"
edit as it was over in about 45 minutes cuz of the fast forwarding...and I
usually stick through a movie no matter how bad it is.  Just couldn't on
this one.

Out here,
Barry