Re: new math

--- The Mattrix <soberman_69 at hotmail_com> wrote:

 However, U2 did go through a
> period of self-agrandizing.
>   They were singing about nothing.  They'd folded to
> the demands of their
> critics, reducing themselves to "sluts without a
> mission".

I like this thread.  I've always liked U2, but in the
past 6 months or so I've become somewhat of a U2
freak.  'With or Without You' has slipped into my top
5 songs of all time.

Anyway, I see what you're saying, but I don't see it
as 'selling out' or folding to demands as much as
trying something new, for creative reasons, that just
didn't resonate.  I guess I've read enough about
Zooropa and Pop and the thought processes behind them
that I kind of see their point, although I don't dig
the music as much as I do Joshua Tree or War.

> Now, U2 have gotten back to making music for music's
> sake, with a vitality
> and purpose that recent efforts have lacked.

Indeed!

  Praise
> the Lord.

Glory!

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?