RE: Formatting

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Chris Hahn wrote:

> it can't be helped i guess, i have all html turned off on this puppy.
> ISO ASCII mode, but it apparantly is still sending junk along with it.
>
> ::chris::

whomever:

> I'm gonna second that-- please, please, PLEASE turn off your
> formatting and HTML and any other fancy stuff y'all have in your email
> programs. Chris, Steve, Arthur, for instance: every time I get an
> email from you, all the type comes in twice: once normally, then a
> second time just below that embedded in and woven through a block of
> html. Samantha, Nat: your emails come in just those HTML blocks with
> whatever certainly important things you're saying lost like "a silver
> hair in a white wolf's coat."

this could also be becauser you, the receiver do not have the right ISO
type defined in your email.

i have strictly pine - no frills, no HTML.

it might be worth checkin gyour ISO (mine is ISO-8859-1 ), and i have no
problems. i still see the html nasties, but not the doubles...

> And again, you don't need to quote the whole email if you're just
> replying to one point. Just snip and splat the relevant bits-- please?

amen.

rtfm.

rhys

--