Re: Jennifer Connely

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, The Mattrix wrote:
> Now, the question remains, which of the following movies are actually
> good?  (And is that "Rocketeer" special an extra on the DVD?)

Apparently not.  It seems the DVD, which came out last July, has nothing
but a trailer or two.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305428514/petertchatta

> Oh, Peter?  Yoo-hoo, Peter?

You rang, sir?  :)

Of the Connelly films, I have seen only these ones:

> > Beautiful Mind, A (2001) .... Alicia Nash
> > Pollock (2000) .... Ruth Klingman
> > Requiem for a Dream (2000) .... Marion Silver
> > Waking the Dead (2000/I) .... Sarah Williams
> > Dark City (1998) .... Emma Murdoch
> > Inventing the Abbotts (1997) .... Eleanor Abbott
> > Mulholland Falls (1996) .... Allison Pond
> > Rocketeer, The (1991) .... Jenny Blake
> > Labyrinth (1986) .... Sarah

And of those, I loved _Dark City_ (so much so that it was my favorite film
of 1998) and I thought the others were so-so at best.  Well, okay, I liked
_The Rocketeer_ too, the first time I saw it, but the second time I saw
it, I began to find it a tad dull.  And I actually liked _Pollock_, but I
don't even remember her being in that one -- small role, I guess.  I
thought _Requiem for a Dream_ was very well made, but the point it was
making was pretty obvious -- to paraphrase the review of it at Salon, it
proved that a movie can be both brilliant and banal at the same time.