can't we just do 2001 again

I love reading the posts from those of you who had
nice quiet New Years Eves.
Maybe next year.

Didn't have a lot of options.  Went to a friend's
house.  He was hosting a little bash for all of our
high school students from church.  I was in the mood
for something quiet, but I knew I would have fun.
I did.
Learned to play tri-bond.  I rock.
Sweet little Karah and Rebecca played on my team.
THey weren't a lot of help.  But it was fun being
their teammates.
Jordan met a girl while doing 'Oklahoma' and was
motivated to lose about 40 pounds.  He's quite the
Italian stud now.
The boys who were playing some too-violent video game
downstairs made me promise not to pick up any
prostitutes in 2002.
There goes my plans.

I got home at a little after 1 am.  As soon as I got
out of my car I could hear the loud Mexican music
coming from the apartment below.  This has been an
ongoing battle.  We've knocked on their door several
times.  They've cooperated - until the next time.
Called the office several times.  THey've passed on
warnings.  They've told us they can't do anything else
until the cops are called and a report is filed.  That
sucks.

So I'm thinking its New Years Eve.  Let's tolerate it
for a bit.  But a bit turned in to hours and the music
was loud.  I left Matt's because I wanted to sleep.
Had things to do the next day.  Finally at about 3:15
I went downstairs and banged on the door.  The little
Mexican guy answered the door - wasted.  He said the
music would stop.  I thanked him.  It didn't.  It got
louder.  Windows actually rattled.  I was chipped off.
 I kept talking myself out of calling the cops.
Figured they wouldn't come out on New Year's Eve over
loud music.

Finally at about 4:15-4:30 it stopped.  By this time
the throwing up had already begun.  Food poisoning?  I
dunno.  Could have been the Krispy Creme donuts, or
the sausage balls, or the chocolate fudge, or the
sparkling grape juice.  Or just being upset.

Didn't sleep much.  THen at 7:45 the music started
again and didn't stop until about 1:00.  I slept for
about an hour and a half on the sofa, which gave me a
headache.  Got up, took a shower, got dressed.  Drove
to the other side of the city to exchange a Yankees
hat that was too small.  Went to Wal-Mart, Target,
Meijers looking for the computer version of Tri-Bond.
Didn't find it.  Came home and watched tv for a while.
 Now, having only eaten a few snack crackers and some
toast and jam, I'm famished.  THink I'll have some
applesauce.

Anyway.  The first day of 2002 sucked royally.
Which makes me think it's gonna be a darned good year.

Hope it is so for all of you.

Happy New Years Ya'll (I do NOT have a southern
accent!)

KElvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?