Re: can't we just do 2001 again

hi.

was it kelvin who said,
> > mocking I went out and bought my pickup truck, and one of these days may
get
> > the gunrack/confederate flag option.

and then bob
> Geez, they come as a combo these days?

this reminds me of my jeep.

once upon a time.....

once upon a time i bought a jeep.   a wagoneer.   like a chevy suburban,
but a jeep.  big.    way in the back,  in the side windows,  were installed
gun racks when i bought it.   it didn't come with any guns  however,   and
not being a gun nut myself,   i didn't have any to stock it with.    but
those squirt gun rifles look awfully realistic these days.    so i bought me
{sic} some AK-47 squirt guns,  and god knows  what other brands of knock-off
assault weaponry i simulated,   but i soon had 2 rifles per rack per window.
since the windows were a bit blacked out with window film back there,  they
made a dandy little silhouette,  and they were hard to tell from a real gun
( i mean, unless you're one of the Ruby Ridge guys or something)  from the
outside.     it was my little ol'  urban assault vehicle.    until they got
stolen   (over there near Lydia's,  BTW)  one day.   grrrrr.   if i had a
rocket launcher.....

and,  what the hell,  i reminded myself of jeep tale #2.
one day i asked M to pack up a little picnic.   (bink,   take notes!)
we drove out to some place in ravenna's  east end,   drove into the woods,
drove into a river.    (engaged 4 wheel drive first)     blub blub blub blub
blub went the tailpipe under the water.     slowly we creep along the river,
water's  coming in the rusty holes here and there,  and the poor fit of the
door seals.   blub blub blub blub blub blub blub.   M freaking somewhat,
wondering if AAA gets us out of predicaments like this.     creep creep
(not radiohead)   creep creep until we get near a highway overpass over the
river.   blub blub blub blub.    "this looks like a good place for a picnic"
say i,   and we stop the jeep  (still  bubbling,   because it would be
foolish to shut her down,  just in case.)  near  (but not under)  the
highway,    pass the food out onto the roof,    and crawl out the windows
and up on the roof.   ahhh,  a fine picnic spot!        so,   that was kinda
fun,  too.    didn't have the jeep too long,  but it was fun when i did have
the beast.    M regards that as one of our finer moments.   you know,  in
retrospect.

i'm  sorry,   that story lacked any over the rhine content.   maybe next
time.

oh, i was also gonna add,   (i almost forgot)  that never,  never had i
entertained the thought of sticking on a confederate flag.     i'd  sooner
mount some bull antlers  (antlers?  that can't be right.  antenna!  no,
that's not it either.    horns.   tusks,  whatever the hell they are)  to
the front of the jeep's  hood,   like a texan's  cadillac,     than a
confederate flag   (sorry jan and you southerners.)       guns,  fine.
confederate racism,  no thank you.

just a peeench between mah cheek and gum,
jg

p.s.   day two of 2002 was pretty good,  also.   didn't quite explode,   but
tried a bit,   and  Memento was a fine movie.   thanks, lara,  thanks,
candace.