Re: Re: proofs and people

On 12/30/01 12:05 AM, quoth the effervescent
dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu at
dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu:

>We don't have pastors
>or priests: anyone may be inspired to stand and share a message for the
>community during one of our Meetings.  That doesn't mean when we stand to
>speak
>we do so independently of our cultural background and life experience.  Just
>the opposite: who we are provides us with a unique set of tools that can be
>called upon.

I did the Meeting for Worship thing for seven years. I even stood several
times, when the Inner Light moved me-- we all could and did. THAT, my
friends, is a lesson in multiculturalism.

I pass the old Meetinghouse sometimes and I'm almost tempted to go in and
sit for a while. But it's just not the same unless there are others there
with whom to share it, is it?