Re: funky surnames

Wading my way through the digest...

Mark van Hornsveld interjected:

> Schermerhorn Schermerhorn Schermerhorn Schermerhorn
> Schermerhorn!
>
> Sometimes it's an advantage being Dutch :)

Yeah, but I doubt you'd really pronounce it like I've
been taught.  When I was in Holland it was more like:
Skare-mare-horen, but all gutteral in a way I can't
replicate properly ;-)

There's a little town by "my" name up north of
Amsterdam (roughly, it's been a while).  I long to
return.

Liesel added this little anecdote:

> i once told a sidewalk salesman i would buy
> everything
> on his table if he could spell my name, my street's
> name and the name of the town i grew up in:
>
> liesel tarquini
> zieglerville road
> schwenksville
>
> he left me alone after that.

That's the most I laughed all weekend.  Thank you for
that!

But where would Schwenksville be exactly?

(of course, as soon as I send this I'll look in the
maps section on Yahoo!)

Refusing to go to bed,

Brian

=====
"What kind of man would live where there is no daring? I don't believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all."
~Charles A. Lindbergh, at a news conference after his trans-Atlantic flight