over the rhine in the car?! what a novel idea!

hi kids!

i hope that all of you who celebrate christmas had a lovely day, and i hope
that all of you who *don't* celebrate christmas were to enjoy the day off
from work for no reason at all.  *grin*  i had a lovely christmas...santa was
*very* good to me this year.  i even got a cd stereo for my car!  yipee!

so, i read _harry potter_ in one day, in preparation for seeing the movie
sometime next week with my friend david.  i'm now five chapters into _the
hobbit_, and i saw _lord of the rings_ for the third time last night with my
friend victor.  *shrug*  i guess i'm obsessed, but there could be worse
things about which to be obsessed.

i kind of liked _harry potter_, but i wasn't that into it.  i think it's
because it was such an easy read...i know it was written for children, but i
think i still expected more.  i read orson scott card books in a day, too,
but that's because i cannot possibly put those down!  _harry potter_ was
just...let's just say i don't understand all of the hype behind it.  i am
looking forward to the movie, though, if even just because i'll be seeing it
with one of my best friends.

so, what's the best gift you received this holiday season?  i think that, for
once, it's actually ok to be semi-materialistic...you have no idea how
excited i am to have gotten the cd player!  just one week too late, huh,
matt?  *grin*  at least when i make the trek to my mother's in west virginia
next week i won't be stuck with just the radio...

happy day after christmas everyone!  for anyone working retail, i hope the
day wasn't too crazy for you!  i was at the day care, and, except for my
being there for twelve hours, it was a really easy day...i only had eight
three-year-olds this afternoon, as opposed to the 15 i usually have!  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka